So...thanks go out to Henry's Aunty Janet for this activity. Replicated several times on the last few weekends, Henry loves to make this cake for breakfast. This morning was the first time I caught it on camera, as I normally hear the hysterics from the comfort of my bed, as this seems to be a good daddy activity.
This cake is so simple. The utensils you will need are measuring spoons, a large coffee mug and a microwave.
4tbs caster sugar
2tbs cocoa powder
3tbs sunflower oil
3 tbs chocolate chips (optional)
A small dash of vanilla extract
1. Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well.
2. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Check out the pictureof Henry breaking the egg! A skill he still needs to perfect! Do it into a separate bowl while learning though and it dosn't hurt to
3. Add the milk and the oil - mix well.
4. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix again.
5. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes (in a 1000 watt microwave)6. The cake will rise above the top of the mug...its supposed to!
7. Allow to cool a little, tip on a plate and serve with cream/ice cream etc.
This serves 2, however Henry seems to like this cake and managed the whole thing this morning without any help!